My turn to Panic! I thought I posted this right after class and just saw that I had not. We'll take some time to answer these in class if you've run out of time tonight.
Listen to the Panic podcast and either answer these questions or make up eight or more of your own and post them as a separate "New Post."
Use the blog to answer or comment on these questions.
1. Why look beyond the Great Depression when trying to make sense of our current economic woes?
2. Where are these professors from?
3. What are some of the differences between the 19th century panics and those in the 20th century?
4. Briefly explain the "business cycle."
5. Define hubris. What example does Great Depression expert Michael Bernstein provide?
6. Name the years of five other Panics besides the Great Depression.
7. Why do you think no one has ever paid reparation to those who have lost money in these meltdowns even though laws were broken?
8. Who made up the Progressive Party?
9. When did they form and what led to the formation?